Total Pageviews

Getting Started

I decided to create this blog, to inform not only myself , but others about Aromatherapy, Herbs, Meditation, etc., and .....well, just to get on the right track.

Come and join me on this journey. To get back the health, spirit and well-being we once had
......or, that we want.

Together we can do many things.

Any suggestions you may have on articles, products, aromatherapy, herbs, meditation, relaxation, exercise, etc...please let me know so I can post them to share together, with you and others.

Have a blessed day,

Laurie




MORE PAGES TO READ


Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Walking Poles for Exercise

One day I read an article on using, "Walking Poles", while walking to increase the intensity of your exercise. They are also supposed to help you keep your body aligned (better posture) while walking with well balanced steps.
So, one day while shopping I saw these walking poles hanging on the exercise aisle.  The price was right, so  I decided to purchase and give them a try.  Well, I have used small weights while walking to tone my upper body, but after a while of walking........ I felt like I was stuck for the rest of my walk holding these weights.  (May I suggest wrist weights for walking - much better alternative)  Anyway, it's kind of the same feeling with the walking poles.  I enjoyed them for the first mile or so, but after a while felt confined to having these poles with me on my walk.  While they may help you stay balanced when walking......My opinion, they are better when used for hiking or trail blazing, after all this is when your most concerned of proper posture and balance.   Not the ideal for just general walking!  Unless you have lower back issues, then for this, they would be suitable when walking for a long period of time during exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment