Total Pageviews

Getting Started

I decided to create this blog, to inform not only myself , but others about Aromatherapy, Herbs, Meditation, etc., and .....well, just to get on the right track.

Come and join me on this journey. To get back the health, spirit and well-being we once had
......or, that we want.

Together we can do many things.

Any suggestions you may have on articles, products, aromatherapy, herbs, meditation, relaxation, exercise, etc...please let me know so I can post them to share together, with you and others.

Have a blessed day,

Laurie




MORE PAGES TO READ


Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Sunday, February 8, 2015

What Not To Do

Here is one of my post that never got posted...saved as a draft.

My personal experience with food poisoning.

My relatives came to visit for Thanksgiving and left several yoplait "Trix" yogurts in our frig.  So, I decided I would take one to work with me for morning snack.  During my 10am break I consumed the small Trix yogurt.  I was a little taken away by the colors (pink & green), but it tasted ok. About 15mins after eating, my stomach began to feel really weird.  I just shrugged it off and went back to work, feeling a little nauseated.  I mentioned to one of my co-workers that my stomach was feeling weird.  As time went on, the feeling subsided, so when lunch time came I ate a small lunch only aggravating my tummy more.  That afternoon, I told my co-worker once again......" I really am feeling like I need to throw up, but I will wait until I get home."

Well, 5pm came I rushed to my car and when I pulled into my driveway I knew the only alternative was to make myself throw up so I could get this feeling over with.  So, I stuck my finger down my throat.....and that was all she wrote.  Everything came up and continued to do so for a good 15 minutes. After cleaning up after myself, I felt I needed to lay down, so that is exactly what I did.   As time passed, like 20 mins, I started having other stomach issues.  I ran to the restroom and that is when I felt like I was going to pass out.  Luckily, the bathtub is close to the john, so I was able to reach the tub to splash cold water in my  face.

After gaining my composure I ran to the bed........little did I know, I didn't make it.

I awoke to my 16yr old saying, "Mom....MOM!" "Are you ok...Mom!"  My husband was on the phone with 911.  It seems since I was dehydrated from getting sick, my blood pressure had bottomed out.

When the paramedics arrived, they quickly checked my vital signs, saw how low my pressure was and started an IV immediately to get liquids back into my system.

On my ride to the hospital, the paramedic told me, "The worst thing you can do is make yourself throw up when you are nauseated!"  It can cause dehydration, causing your blood pressure to bottom out. If severe enough, you could lose conscience (which is what happened to me), slip into a mild coma or worse death.

The doctor at the hospital said he was treating me for food poison because I was not running a fever are showing any other symptoms.

Note to self, always check expiration dates...........and never, ever induce vomiting unless necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment