Total Pageviews

Getting Started

I decided to create this blog, to inform not only myself , but others about Aromatherapy, Herbs, Meditation, etc., and .....well, just to get on the right track.

Come and join me on this journey. To get back the health, spirit and well-being we once had
......or, that we want.

Together we can do many things.

Any suggestions you may have on articles, products, aromatherapy, herbs, meditation, relaxation, exercise, etc...please let me know so I can post them to share together, with you and others.

Have a blessed day,

Laurie




MORE PAGES TO READ


Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Starting Your Day Off Right

Always set your alarm 1 hour before everyone else in your home is scheduled to rise.  This time is set aside for, "You" time.  I must admit, it took me several times before it became second nature, and sometimes I still have difficulty getting up this early.  Mostly on heavy...rainey days. However, the days that I miss this time, my days never go the same. Nor do I feel the same. 

I have my alarm set for 4:30am eastern time.  Everyone in my home is still asleep...but it is my quiet time to focus on me physically, mentally and spirtitually. Starting off with simple meditation or prayer is the best way to start anyone's day.  Afterwards I like to do my A.M. Yoga by Gaiam with Rodney Yee. This DVD provides me with five (5) 20 minute workouts....strictly focused on morning routines.  They help to loosen, relax and energize.  I do one workout Monday - Friday.

Because of our natural rhythms, daybreak is the perfect time to open up our bodies and center our minds. Each workout focuses on a specific area to loosen your muscles, relax your mind and energize you for the day ahead. Choose from standing poses, twists, backbends, forward bends and hip openers. You will complete each workout with deep breathing and meditation guide. It's simple enough for beginners, but effective for everyone. If you have experience working out with Rodney Yee's DVD's in the past, may I also suggest Gaiam Body Target Abs.  With Workout by Rodney and Pilates instructor Ana Caban. It's the best of both workout worlds.



  

Please note, I am not being paid to recommend these DVD's
I use them, love them and love the way they make me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment