Total Pageviews

Getting Started

I decided to create this blog, to inform not only myself , but others about Aromatherapy, Herbs, Meditation, etc., and .....well, just to get on the right track.

Come and join me on this journey. To get back the health, spirit and well-being we once had
......or, that we want.

Together we can do many things.

Any suggestions you may have on articles, products, aromatherapy, herbs, meditation, relaxation, exercise, etc...please let me know so I can post them to share together, with you and others.

Have a blessed day,

Laurie




MORE PAGES TO READ


Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Twisted Sista - Curly Hair's Best Friend

Let me start by stating, I am not getting paid to brag on this product, nor do I receive any royalties..........I do so, because I personally use it and it is AMAZING!



Born with straight hair and no wave, I guess over the years of blow drying, coloring, straightening, child-bearing and well, just life ~ My hair is now curly/frizzy.

I have been searching high and low for a product to allow me to wear my hair natural without having to use damaging items such as: curling irons or blow dryers, to give a softer/non-fizzy appearance to my hair. I've used several non-frizzing products over the course of a few years and just decided I would start straightening my hair again.....but, the long term damage of split ends and dry looking hair.....well, it just wasn't for me.

Then one day while shopping in our local grocery, is when I came across this wonderful cream (that was the plus button for me "Cream" who wants oily looking hair) for my hair. Granted it may not have been labelled for my hair type, but what did I have to lose. After all, my hair is curly!



It has been 3 1/2 months now since my first purchase, and my hair is addicted to this stuff.  I have soft, non-frizzy curls and receive a ton of compliments on my hair.  That speaks volumes to me.....as it should to you. When other people complement you on your hair with sincerity, you know whatever you are doing....keep on doing it. Last weekend, we went to a family wedding and my family complimented me on my hair.....my mom said to me she never saw my hair look healthier.

 My Aunt Loislyn, My Mom
and Me


My testimony to this is, never think just because a product is not labeled for your hair type you cannot use it. Curly is curly, why not try it!  And well, I am sure glad I did...Oh yeah, and it also smells amazing.

Ingredients: Aqua (water), armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, glycerin, caprylic/capric C15-23 Alkane, dimethicone, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, glyceryl stearate, litchi chinensis pericarp (lychee) extract, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, camellia acetate, carbomer, xanthan gum, PEG-100 stearate, benzophenone-3, disodium EDTA, parfum (fragrance), BHT, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, potassium hydroxide, ethylhexyglycerin, benzyl salicylate, eugenol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohesyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene.
Ingredient Attributes: anti-humectant
Another AmaZing Curly Hair product 
 Non-Sulfate Shampoo & Conditioner, this is the brand I use and just LOVE IT!!



Ingredients: Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Oil*), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (Coconut Oil*), Lauryl Glucoside (Coconut Oil*), Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil*), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Palm Oil*), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil (Organic), Hypnea Musciformis Extract (Red Seaweed*) (Organic), Gellidiela Acerosa Extract (Red Alga*) (Organic), Sargassum Filipendula Extract (Brown Seaweed*) (Organic), Sobitol (Sugar*), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Rapeseed Oil*), Silicone Quaternium-17, Glycol Stearate (Palm Oil*), Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance. (* Derived Source)
Ingredient Attributes: anti-humectant

Hint, when washing curly hair it is best to use a non-sulfate shampoo & conditioner as they are not as harsh on the hair follicles. Also, never ever brush your hair from the top down........always start from the bottom up.  Make sure you have a Large Tooth Comb.  Something I learned in my basic training in cosmetology. 

Myself, I do not comb or brush my hair before entering the shower.  I bathe, wash my hair and then after conditioning, I grab my comb (which I always have in my shower) while the conditioner is still in my hair, I flip my head over and start from the bottom up with my comb.  It gets all the tangles out without damaging my hair... and makes for better curls.

After towel drying I crimp my hair gently with my hands while adding my new hair nectar of the gods "Twisted Sista!"










No comments:

Post a Comment