Total Pageviews

Getting Started

I decided to create this blog, to inform not only myself , but others about Aromatherapy, Herbs, Meditation, etc., and .....well, just to get on the right track.

Come and join me on this journey. To get back the health, spirit and well-being we once had
......or, that we want.

Together we can do many things.

Any suggestions you may have on articles, products, aromatherapy, herbs, meditation, relaxation, exercise, etc...please let me know so I can post them to share together, with you and others.

Have a blessed day,

Laurie




MORE PAGES TO READ


Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weather That Affects Us

Do you ever notice how the weather outside can totally affect not only your daily activities, but your over all health?  Well, I have really noticed how it affects me.


  • If the weather is warm and sunny - I feel energized and ready to go.
  • If the weather is cloudy and gloomy - I feel very tired - not in the mood for much.
  • If the weather is cold and sunny - I still feel like getting out and on the go
  • If the weather is cold and rainy - Forget it -  I would rather stay in my bed where it is warm and dry - unfortunately this can lead to useless eating to help fill the void of not getting out and doing something.
  • And Stormy Rainy Days - These should be declared stay at home days too!  They are only good for the foliage and other outdoor creatures in need of watering and cleansing.

I guess we are no different than plants - To feel healthy, we need sunshine and exercise to feel energized.  Rest is important, but to much can leave you feeling gloomy - Cold, dark and damp weather keeps us confined and restless - it can also lead to depression because of the lack of sun and fresh air. I guess you could say the same happens to the plants when they go dormant in the winter - but come spring when the sun is shining and the skies are blue, they rise & shine and burst into color.

But what do the experts have to say about it?

Here are some links to view to find out the answers:

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008/11/09/weather-can-change-your-mood/

http://psychcentral.com/library/seasonal_affective.htm

http://www.fitsugar.com/Signs-Symptoms-Seasonal-Affective-Disorder-SAD-12332814

http://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20081016/how-the-weather-affects-our-moods

Simple Test - Take a look at each of the photos below.
What is your first initial mood/feeling when you look at them as though you were looking outside your window?

  
    
  
 


I would be willing to say, no matter what the weather temperature
If there were sunshine present with a little breeze
We would all be out there doing something and feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment